This morning I headed over for day two of Austin's striped bedroom! These stripes were a lot of work (9 hours for the whole project), but totally worth it! I think it looks great and my client loves it, so I am thrilled!

Yesterday I painted the large, white band in throughout the middle of the room and the blue on the top and bottom of the walls. We let it dry overnight so that I could come back and tape it all up for the stripes.

First thing this morning I measured out all of my lines with the spacing that we had decided upon and then taped it up. This took about an hour total.


Then I painted over all of the seams so that none of the colored paint that I was going to be applying would seep through onto the white. Since it was only a thin layer it didn't take long for it to dry and then it was onto the yellow stripes.


I painted the first coat of the yellow and then painted the blue up to the tape line. Once I had finished that I was able to go back and put on my second coat of yellow.


Once the second coat of yellow was on I was able to take the tape from the center off. The fun part! Looking good!

I put the second coat of blue on the walls from floor to tape line and ceiling to tape line. Then I was able to rip off the rest of the tape. More fun!


The lines came out crisp and clean! The 9 hours of work included two coats of every color as well as measuring, taping, painting the seams and clean-up.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online