photo courtesy of Coastal Living

Dutch Door -
Originating in the Netherlands during the early 1600s, this unique design features top and bottom halves that operate independently. The bottom can be closed for some privacy, while the top is left open for fresh air and neighborly chats. Or, when locked together, the two sections can work as a standard door. Dutch doors were first used on front entryways and were later placed at secondary doorways to the kitchen or scullery. These doors also provided ventilation to barns and stables. Dutch doors lend a country charm to rear entrances and outbuildings such as potting sheds.


photo courtesy of Cottage Living

I am a huge fan of Dutch Doors! And I'm pretty certain that someday they will make an appearance in our home! I loved these pictures that I found and thought I would share.

photo courtesy of Coastal Living

photo courtesy of Country Home

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online