I haven't been happy with our "hallway" for a while. I put hallway in quotes because technically it's probably not a hallway at all. It's more like a small path leading from one area to the next. Wait...is that the definition of hallway? I'll have to look into that.

Anyway...I decided that stripes were exactly what this space needed! Something to liven it up! This is a kids' space! Backpacks, coats, hats and lunch bags are hung in this area so whether we are coming or going this space is always visited by three little one's. So, I tested different colors. A darker shade of our existing wall color, a light shade of blue, and white...

I decided to go with the darker shade of our current wall color. I didn't want it to feel too circus-like. So, with ruler, level, and pencil in hand, I measured and taped off my stripes. I'm not going to lie to you, this was A LOT of work!!

A LOT!

But once that part was done it was pretty straight forward...

I sealed the seams of the tape with the current wall color so that the new color would not leak out. I'm super picky about having a perfectly straight line! Then I started to paint the new stripes...

All finished! Just waiting for the paint to dry...


I hung all of the kids' photos back where I originally had them and am very pleased with the result! It added just the right amount of fun to this very small, but very used space!



0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online