I love decorating our home for the holidays!

The challenge comes in trying to balance my wants for a "holiday home" and the reality of living with three small children! Two years ago I got smart and purchased shatter-proof ornaments for our Christmas tree. I know what you're thinking: "Seriously? Plastic?!" But they're not bad and you really can't even tell that they're plastic. Believe me, I'm picky, so they had to pass the test.

This year we set up our tree the day after Thanksgiving and our 2 year old decided that taking the ornaments off the tree was way more fun than just looking at them, so...I took all of the ornaments off. I know that some people are content with decorating only the top half of the tree so that little hands can't reach them, but for me, it's all or nothing. I would rather just have an undecorated tree and focus on the pretty, sparkling lights, so that's what we did.

I spent the next few days decorating the rest of the house and apparently that was enough to distract our little girl because I have since re-decorated the tree and, surprisingly, she has left it alone! We're ready for Santa to come! Only 13 days to go.....

Merry Christmas!











































I hope you have a wonderful holiday!


Karla


P.S. I am posting this at The Inspired Room for Holiday Linky Friday

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online